The Lopez’s festive wedding in San Miguel De Allende, Mexico was one of the most amazing celebrations I’ve ever witnessed!
This San Miguel de Allende wedding was the perfect mix of traditional, and surprise. Marissa and Steven are two of the most selfless, and thoughtful people on the planet. And they wanted their wedding to be a celebration of love, culture, and family. From the Callejoneada, to the outdoor ceremony in the pouring rain, to the non stop dance party (full of endless shots, surprise fireworks, and confetti cannons), it was a weekend of genuine togetherness and joy!
Their wedding was four days before the borders closed due to COVID, and the love that surrounded Mr and Mrs Lopez was SO abundantly clear, as all of their friends and families made the trip, despite the risks. In the midst of so much uncertainty, fear, and chaos, the Lopez’s wanted their guests to feel loved and welcomed. From the speeches, both in Spanish and English, to the vows, to the endless emotional tears, this wedding was the perfect blend of Hispanic culture and a traditional American wedding. It was a dream.
Oh, and make sure to take a look at their traditional pre-wedding callejoneada, too! That was one of the most incredible experiences of my career! Traveling the world has seriously opened my eyes in more ways than I could’ve ever anticipated. Getting to experience so much culture is something I’m most grateful for with this job (and meeting so many people I otherwise would never get the opportunity to). I definitely cried during the callejoneada, and also burned approximately 16485920476 calories as I was RUNNING around like a crazy person trying to capture this incredible scene from all angles! Those cobblestones were not my friend 😉
Congrats to Steven & Marissa – so much love for you both!!
The Team of San Miguel de Allende wedding vendors:
- Venue: Finca La Devocion | @finca_la_devocion | www.fincaladevocion.com
- Event Design: Paula Balderas | @paula_balderas | http://paulabalderas.mx/
- Florals: PS Flower Studio | @psflowerstudio | https://psflowers.com.mx/
- Wedding dress: Martina Liana Bridal Designs | @martinalianabridal | https://www.essensedesigns.com/martina-liana/
- Wedding dress boutique: Blush Bridal Lounge | @blushbridallounge | https://www.blushbridallounge.com
- Hair & makeup: MAUA Studio | @maua.studio | https://www.facebook.com/maua.studio/
- Videographer: The Cinelums | @cinelum | http://www.cinelum.com.mx
- Catering & bar: Gokabarras | @maharajabanquetes
- Cake: Pastelería La casita Feliz | https://lacasitafelizpaste.wixsite.com/paginaoficial?fbclid=IwAR2lr2oVl-nHLOZsoylYBwDbVr7r256HdvEZBUNkyrZSVr1yzTiOOP1RALg
- Tabletop rentals: Accent Rentals | @accent_rentals
- Music: Voltron Sound Systems | @voltronsoundsystems
- Lights: Bright And Light | @brightandlightqro | https://www.brightandlight.com.mx/
- Tent: @carpas.sanmarino | https://www.sanmarino.com.mx/
- Fireworks: Emotions Pirotecnia | @emotions_pirotecnia | http://www.emotions.mx/